Everyone knows essential oils are a natural alternative to many store-bought products. However, do you know just how many great everyday uses there are for essential oils? Here are 10 different ways you can incorporate essential oils into your daily life, reducing unnatural chemical exposure and creating a healthier body and home.
1. Treat Dandruff. Rub several drops of lavender oil into the scalp to relieve dry, itchy skin and flaking.
2. Create a cleansing, citrus-scented room spray. Add six drops of lemon oil to distilled water in a mister and spray around your home.
3. Reduce smells in the bathroom. Create a room spray or dab a few drops of oil onto a cotton ball and place in the bathroom. You can also put a few drops inside of a cardboard toilet paper roll each time you begin a new roll.
4. Clean hard to remove substances from walls, tables, and counters. Use one to two drops of lemon oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon.
5. Remove pests from plants. Spray plants with a mix of water and peppermint oil to get rid of aphids.
6. Save your pets from ticks. When pets have a tick embedded, put a drop of peppermint oil on a cotton swab and apply to the location of the tick. It should unburrow its head and you can pull it off your pet without concern.
8. Ease sore fee. Mix peppermint oil in a warm footbath and soak feet for up to 20 minutes.
9. Make your own inexpensive bath salts. Mix your favorite scented oils with Epsom and sea salts and then sprinkle into the bath tub.